The squash league is organised as a monthly box league and is open to all adults who have peak membership and unrestricted juniors. The leagues are displayed on-line and scores are entered on line. To join the leagues please email the league organiser at email@example.com
A match is the best of 3 games. Each game is played to 11 points with sudden death at 10-10. Either player may score points (PAR – point–a–rally). The server, on winning a rally, scores a point and retains the service; the receiver, on winning a rally, scores a point and becomes the server.
Entering Results During Phase 2 Bubbles
Please translate the scores as per the table below. This is temporary until we can get back to 5 games per match.
* A Walkover is declared if a player does not turn up for an arranged game or if a player is injured and unable to play- score entered is W-0, where W is the opponent and 0 for the person unable to play. This will result in the opponent getting 3 bonus points.
- Bubbles consist of a maximum of six players and players within a ‘squash bubble’ are permitted to play full-court matches.
- Only two players on the court at one time.
- Play the best of three games. Play first to 11 points, sudden-death at 10-all. Use ‘Sides’ to maintain social distancing throughout the warm-up. During each game, when the first player reaches five points, both players should wipe away excessive sweat and sanitise their hands and the ball. Repeat between games. The same player to serve/touch the ball during each half of a game, and at the halfway point, switch servers.
- Protective eyewear or visors are strongly recommended at all times.
- Don't wipe your hands on the wall.
- Players are not allowed to shout or raise their voices.
- Players can only belong to one bubble (either racketball or squash, not both) at a time but following a seven-day break of playing full squash or racketball, you can switch once you’ve got agreement from Ebbisham's COVID-19 officer.
- Players cannot be in a squash bubble in more than one club.
- Players from a bubble that have been in contact with a symptomatic player within 7 days prior must self-isolate and undertake tests as per government guidelines. Players must self-isolate even if they exhibit no symptoms themselves until it has been determined whether or not the symptomatic player has tested positive or negative.
- Players within the bubble can resume play if the COVID-19 test proves negative.
- We are requesting that all members who plan to play within a 'squash bubble' complete a Player Agreement Form prior to their first game. The form can be downloaded by clicking on the button below and hard copies will also be available from the club office.